8/19 Weekly Review
I feel like I am getting back on track with my goals after the last month of whirlwind. Picked up reading again, made a clear list of actions I wanted to get done and accomplished them. I think that is one of the biggest keys to success: defining what success even means for that week/month/year/ etc. That is not to say that I was horribly unproductive the last month, but there was a lot more treading water. I have found my biggest hurdle to success is when I do not have a clear path, I feel like I am in some kind of productivity limbo because I do not have something I need to do. Part of that is on me, but it is also partly the nature of my current job, it ebbs and flows with the cadence of a month so it is really easy to get on a more conservative action list. Another thing is passion level, it hit an all time low a few weeks back, and while climbing it is still not where it needs to be in order to be really successful. I feel like I am holding myself back and restraining myself because I know the amount of risk that there would be going into business of my own.
This week I did some good things, and some areas that need improving.
- Action list complete!
- Got back on my learning path!
- cleaned up my desk : mental and emotional cleanse
- Watched a video on procrastinators – good takeaways- ask these questions every night:
- Have you made your existence richer somehow?
- Have you continued a path of development?
- Are you doing something or loving someone b/c you want to or because it feels easier or less risky than changing directions? – work????
- Have you lived today?
- Too much unproductive time
- I need to get away from the desk more
- Passion level
- Need to do a better job with coaching my intern. The problem is I do not trust him much. Next week I will give him his evaluation, which while isn’t negative, based on how he has received feedback in the past I do not see him taking it well.
Goals for next week
- my main goal it to go through the GTD cleanse again: get current, set all my actions, start using my tickler list, etc.
- Coster lite – 3 approvals, 3 tests
- Figure out ESOP next steps (define actions)